While working on Crossfire: Legion, I was responsible for revisions across the majority of levels included within the game.
Day-to-day responsibilities also covered:
- Resolving Lua-related scripting issues
- Revisions to timing and execution of scripted events
- Reconstruction of levels to improve quality of their design
Labyrinth is a large, slower-paced map that is designed to be played in a 3 vs 3 configuration. Since players have access to one easily defendable position, it promotes the defensive base building and the creation of turrets.
- Player flow directs users through the center of the map, where an optional third mega HQ is located.
- Air units have a large advantage over ground units in this level by being able to fly over many out-of-bounds locations in the centre of the map.
- This further incentivizes players to fortify their base in this urban theme battleground.
Players fight for supremacy over a port facility divided by a canal. Shipping containers define sky paths, while a deep canal divides the map in two.
- Create a level design inline with conventional Starcraft level design
- Bifurcate the map using a canal featured in Mission 8
- Restrict movement and funnel units into three routes
- Create pockets that can be used to set up ambushes